Whether you’re hosting an event for your office or the whole company, here are five ways to make it a smash hit. Create a party that guests will remember for years to come!
Choose a Unique Theme
For the most part, holiday parties use Christmas as the standard theme. While that is almost always appropriate, why not switch things up this year? By choosing a more creative theme, you can help the event stand out even more in the minds of your employees and their guests. Some ideas can include:
- Party by the Decade – Choose a historical decade like the 70s or 80s and blend it with conventional Christmas themes. This way, guests can dress up and have a bit more fun with the event.
- Christmas Movie – There are plenty of classic holiday movies, including some that may be a bit unconventional. You can also blend the film with a specific decade, like having a Home Alone/90s party or a Die Hard/80s party. Best of all, you can show the movie during the event for some quick and easy entertainment!
- International Holidays – If you have a more diverse workforce, it can be a good idea to celebrate holidays from around the world. If you are going to go this route, be sure to do plenty of research beforehand to avoid any potentially insensitive elements.
- Masquerade/Speakeasy Party – Set the mood with a high-end masquerade gala. Encourage guests to dress in their best formal affair, and offer holiday-themed masks when they come in.
Offer Games With Prizes
One problem that can plague most holiday parties is that there is nothing to do but eat and mingle. While a delicious spread is always a good idea, you should also have some activities for people to do. To make engagement even higher, you should offer some prizes for winners. Best of all, you don’t have to provide high-end items – usually, small things like a bottle of wine or some company swag is enough. Some examples of activities can include:
- Holiday Scavenger Hunt – Have pairs or groups try to find holiday-themed items. The hunt can go for the duration of the event or for a specific period.
- Giant Board Games – Everyone loves playing classic games like Jenga, Connect 4, or Yahtzee. Giant versions of these games are even more entertaining, and they don’t require a host or coordinator.
- Cash Cube – Who doesn’t love getting free money? Instead of buying electronics and giving away vacation trips, you can put that money into a pot and have guests try to grab it! An alternative is to offer prize tickets in the cube, with special “golden tickets” for high-end options.
- Holiday Bingo – Bingo is always a classic event game, but you can mix things up by hosting a holiday-themed version. For example, guests could try to spell out SANTA or FROSTY instead of the traditional BINGO.
Host a Casino Night
Nothing says holidays like winning some big money! Casino parties are one of the best options for the holidays because they are both classy and timeless. Plus, you can keep all of your guests engaged without having to get creative with activities and entertainment options.
Usually, guests will know how to play games like Blackjack and Poker, but a casino party is a perfect opportunity for them to learn new games like Roulette or Craps. With fun and interactive dealers, the event will be a huge hit!
Get Pictures and Videos
No matter what kind of holiday theme you choose, the best way to enhance the look and feel of an event is with high-quality props and decor! Adding a full-service photo booth to your party allows guests to capture the best moments of the night. Plus, everyone will be dressed up anyway, so why not give them an opportunity to flaunt their stylish threads?
In addition to a holiday-themed photo booth, you can hire a videographer to capture candid shots throughout the event. Then, you can cut together a highlight reel in time for the new year. This will be much better than a holiday newsletter or slideshow, and it can encourage your guests to cut a little loose during the event.
Host a Holiday-Themed Game Show
If you really want to have a fun and unique holiday party this year, a game show is the best way to do it. Family Feud is always an excellent choice, as it allows guests to form teams and get creative with their answers. Best of all, you can come up with customized questions and answers that either reflect the holiday spirit or your company specifically.
Other game show options can include Minute to Win It or Jeopardy. These games are the most interactive option, and they are fantastic entertainment options. Even those who aren’t playing will enjoy seeing their co-workers in the hot seat!
Bonus for 2020: Have a Blended Holiday Party!
With the COVID-19 pandemic in full swing, it may seem like holiday parties are done for in 2020. However, don’t despair – there are alternative options available! This year, you can host a blended event, which allows guests to come in person or virtually, depending on their comfort level. To make the event even more engaging, you can have either live or virtual games! Options like Survey Says, Bingo, and Night at the Derby are easy to perform online, and they offer just as much interactive gameplay.
Holiday parties are so much more than an excuse to get together and have fun. They are a way to build a sense of community within a company. While everyone’s health and safety are always a priority, a blended event allows you to have a great time without the risks.
Contact The Party Team Today!
We understand that these are challenging times, which is why we’re here to help you with your holiday party. Whether you want a live event, a virtual one, or a blend of the two, we have many options to make it a success. Call us to find out what we can do for you and your company.