So, with that in mind, we’re going to share five ways to turn your wedding reception into a party that no one will ever forget!
Have a Wedding Reception Host
No matter what kind of party you’re planning on having, a host can make a huge difference. The host can be someone close to the wedding party (i.e., a best man or maid of honor), or it can be someone specific to the reception. A fun, friendly, and interactive person can welcome everyone to the party and make sure that guests know what to expect. The host can give a breakdown of the itinerary, announce when food is being served, when the dance floor is open, and keep everyone engaged throughout the night. Overall, a wedding reception host can help make sure that the event runs smoothly
Use Interactive Games
Since the wedding reception is all about celebrating your marriage, it should be as fun and entertaining as possible. When talking about interactive games, try one or more of these ideas on for size:
- Giant Games – Whether it’s Jenga, Connect 4, Yahtzee, or something else, a giant-sized board game can be fun for all ages. They’re perfect for any little ones that may be looking for a fun activity.
- Casino Night – What better way to keep your guests engaged than with a few craps, roulette, and blackjack tables? Since casino party tables don’t use real money, everyone can get in on the action, from the father of the bride to the flower girl.
- Scavenger Hunt – You know the old saying that to get married you need, “something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue?” Well, why not turn that into a scavenger hunt for your guests? You can add other wedding-related items like flowers, seating place cards, balloons, and more.
- Wedding Bingo – Because weddings bring everyone together, you never know what can happen throughout the night. Why not make some unique bingo cards related to you and your guests? Examples can include things like, best man makes a speech, a grandparent gets down on the dance floor, someone loses a phone, and more!
Host a Wedding Trivia Game Show
Who doesn’t love a game show? Since your wedding is about the merging of two families, why not host a personalized version of Family Feud? Best of all, questions can be customized to fit the newlyweds for even more fun and embarrassment! Teams from each family can compete against each other, or you can mix and match teams so that guests have an easy way to get to know each other.
If Family Feud isn’t your ideal choice why not a round or two of Jeopardy? Or have your guests compete with wedding-themed challenges from Minute to Win It? Or, you can just have a standard trivia game show with questions and multiple choice answers, a la Kahoot! There are endless possibilities.
Offer Reusable Wedding Favors
One of the best ways to create memories is to have souvenirs of your special day. While wedding favors are fairly common these days, they are often designed to be used for the event and not after. However, why not upgrade to items that your guests can get a lot of use from in the future? Some examples can include:
- Pint Glasses (with your wedding logo)
- Neck Fans (for summer weddings)
- Seeds in Small Planters (to signify your growing family)
- Decorative Mugs (with your wedding logo)
- Handmade Soaps (with you and your spouse’s initials)
- Dessert Mixes in Mason Jars (with a recipe booklet attached)
- Bottle Openers (there are tons of options available)
Overall, you can get as creative as you like with these favors. To ensure that your guests will enjoy them, why not conduct a small survey of your friends and family to see which items would be the most appreciated? This way, you can be sure that your wedding funds will go a long way.
Choose a Standout Venue
One of the most crucial elements of your wedding day is where you’ll be hosting the ceremony. However, while most couples will choose a spectacular venue for the wedding, they may not go all-out for the reception. We’re not saying that you have to have a destination venue that will break the bank, but be sure to choose something that will leave your guests speechless.
Plus, remember that you’ll have photographers and videographers present throughout the party. If you’re celebrating in a one-of-a-kind place, your wedding pictures are going to be even more incredible. With the right mix of games, music, and activities, your reception will be the biggest event of the year! Kick-off your marriage with a bang!
Contact the Party Team Today!
The Party Team is ready to make your wedding reception a memorable hit! We have all kinds of interactive games, including casino nights, game shows, photo booths, and more. We can also provide uplighting to help turn your venue into a world-class space. Let us help you make your day even more special. Call us at 1-866-334-TEAM or contact us through our website portal.